7/17/2007

The Final Cut (Maybe)

Filed under:General — eric @ 7:35 pm

I got some great feedback on my video, and I’ve made another cut to reflect them. I inserted 11 seconds at the beginning to set up the local food idea (something I’d cut out earlier in the editing), and to make up for that time I trimmed 11 seconds in several bits throughout the rest of the video. The result is a better story, but with maybe slightly less production quality. It’s supposed to be amateur, and the story is paramount, so I’m OK with that.

What’s this for again? Think “American Idol”, only with cooking instead of singing. Hopefully “instead”, anyway. I’m not exactly known for my singing.

1. Wooohooo!! Definitely THE next Food Network Star. Perky girls with big white teeth, eat your hearts out!

Comment by Lauryl — 7/18/2007 @ 2:49 pm

2. I love it! It’s great!

Love, your Sister N’ law
    Tanya :-)

Comment by Tanya — 7/21/2007 @ 9:18 pm

3. I love it! It’s great!

Comment by Tanya — 7/21/2007 @ 9:19 pm

4. Wonderful! I can’t wait to watch and learn on your new show!

Comment by Bonnie — 7/21/2007 @ 9:35 pm

5. I haven’t been able to watch, yet; dial-up, you know. But I’ll be able to get into my room at school tomorrow, and I can hardly wait. I know it will be great. I hope you know that I am always proud of you and admire your willingness to experience new things. I’m sure FN will like it! me:-)

Comment by Mom — 7/22/2007 @ 7:41 pm

6. Yea! I finally got to watch the final cut! Very well done! I really liked where you added the footage showing mushroom logs. I can hardly wait for you to be the next Food Network star! But, even if you’re not, I am very proud of you…me-)

Comment by Mom — 7/23/2007 @ 11:21 am

7. Go BRO!!! I know you can do it. That is my favorite channel, besides DIY and you have quite a few of those employees beat hands down! I can’t wait to watch your show. Man, I wish I could grow food like you. :)

Comment by Adrienne — 7/27/2007 @ 5:47 pm

8. Wow, haven’t stopped by in a while, but this clip impressed me. You could TOTALLY be the next Food Network star. :)

Comment by Blaise — 10/29/2007 @ 3:27 pm

9. Wow, that was great! Your tomatoes are absolutely amazing! Looks like you grew them yourself? You just made me SO hungry!

I see you’re from Athens. I’ve been there a few times. I have friends in Hull and Comer.

Comment by Amy — 12/1/2007 @ 3:11 pm