11/17/2002

Promised Land Dairy

Filed under:General — eric @ 12:07 pm

Earlier this Fall, I noticed a new brand of milk started to appear at all of the area supermarkets, including the Super Walmarts. It came only in one quart glass bottles, had a variety of flavors, and came exclusively from Jersey cows. I finally bought some last week, and now I’m hooked. Promised Land Dairy, out of Texas, makes the absolute best flavored milk I have ever had. I’ve tried the Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, and Dulce de Leche, and each one was fantastic. Today I saw plain and skim too, so I think I’ll have to switch from my regular store-brand skim to this stuff, even if it’s nearly twice the price. It’s worth it, without a doubt.

1. The ‘orange’ milk is by far the best. I love the vanilla and chocolate also. I have tried every flavour that I have found, except banana. 2 flavours are only available ’seasonally’ and are the two my wife and I like the most: Blueberry and Orange cream. Hopefully they will offer these flavours all year long…. There is something about the glass bottles that make it taste even better. A+

Comment by g adkins — 8/25/2003 @ 6:34 am

2. Another GREAT Promised Land Diary product that is available ONCE a year is Eggnog. It is great blended with icecream or frozen yogurt and a bit of rum!

Comment by Tracy — 12/11/2003 @ 3:56 am

3. WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT?
    I LIVE IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA.
    PJC

Comment by Anonymous — 1/3/2004 @ 11:52 am

4. The milk is the BEST and worth the extra price. As a librarian, I also use the bottles for craft projects.

Comment by connio — 3/29/2004 @ 3:21 am

5. This was available in MS too for a while….. Anyone know where it can be purchased here now? 18 April 2004?

Awesome stuff, costs a bit more, so it gets ignored, in favor of the cheap…. Walmart stopped selling here it in Meridian because of it’s short shelf life, they say. Boo hoo, can’t find it anywhere around Meridian, MS.

Comment by Lynn — 4/18/2004 @ 9:10 am

6. I cannot find Promised Land Ice Cream in San Antonio, anybody?
    Al

Comment by Al — 5/31/2004 @ 3:20 am

7. I visited the promised Land Dairy Farm on a field trip with my school in Three Rivers, TX, but I don’t remember where it was at. I can’t find Promised Land products anywhere and I have looked in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, San Marcos, and Austin. Anyone have any ideas? Or if ya’ll know where the actual farm is I will go there and get the stuff right out of the cows. THanks for your help!

Comment by Marcella — 5/19/2005 @ 2:38 pm

8. I live in Louisville, Kentucky and I can not find it here either. It was in a wal-mart for a 1/4 year, but thats it.
    I loved it, and I loved the bottles.

Comment by Kaini — 4/18/2006 @ 3:50 pm

9. the main dairy is in Floresville, TX, about 25 min south of san antonio on HW181.

Comment by Miles — 8/29/2006 @ 6:56 pm

10. I’ve stopped buying “regular” milk and now exclusively buy the midnight chocolate in the half-gallon size. It’s so good! If I’m going to pay for chocolate milk, I might as well buy the best…

Comment by Anonymous — 10/24/2006 @ 8:12 pm

11. Is vivacious vanilla only available “sesasonally”? I can’t find it anywhere now. If so, anyone know how to make it?

Comment by vanilla deprived — 10/31/2006 @ 11:19 am

12. Their 2% milk is available @ WalMart Raleigh,NC(New Hope Church Rd. site)

Comment by Anonymous — 10/31/2006 @ 10:38 pm