5/2/2002

To market, to market

Filed under:General — eric @ 9:14 am

This Saturday, Chris and I will take our first harvest of vegetables into the Athens Organic Farmer’s Market, which was the subject of this recent newspaper article.

1. and i’ll be going to see what goods you have for sale this saturday…uh, what time is it again?

Comment by kim — 5/2/2002 @ 7:11 am

2. Have fun at the market…one of the biggest social events of the Madison summer is the Dane County Farmers Market http://64.224.162.148/dcfm/home.htm
    I don’t miss the wall of yuppie bodies sipping lattes and pushing baby strollers, but I do miss seeing all my farming friends and getting the fine, fresh, locally grown organic veggies.

Comment by M — 5/2/2002 @ 11:29 am

3. Farmers Market? Shouldn’t you be selling that
    stuff on the internet and priority mailing it
    out to New Mexican’s who don’t have a good
    Farmers Market within a reasonable drive?

The best one I have been too from Socorro is a
    good 13 hour drive each way, and it is almost
    worth it!

The local farmers market is quite small, and isn’t
    selling yet unfortunately.

Comment by Schlake — 5/2/2002 @ 11:33 am

4. Sorry to wax off-topic here but: My sister (the welder) finally checked here e-mail and saw the picture of Jesus and the welder from the “Always with You” page that was thouroughly enjoyed in this forum and her response was “both Jesus and that guy need sleeves and gloves, or they’re in for a nasty sunburn.” So true…

This posting was posted while listening to “Nesbitt’s Lime Soda” from Negativland’s “Escape from Noise” album.

Comment by Matt — 5/3/2002 @ 9:09 am

5. The market runs from 7:30 to 12:30 Saturday morning. Earlier is better.

And, by a startling coincidence, I’m also listening to “Escape from Noise”. Yellow, black, and rectangular!

Comment by eric — 5/3/2002 @ 9:42 am

6. Oh, I see them everywhere … am I losing my mind?

Comment by Jason — 5/3/2002 @ 11:25 am